On 14 October 2020, the Government of the Czech Republic approved the proposal of Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs Jana Maláčová to extend the Antivirus Programme Regime A. In connection with this was also increased the support to subject which were closed because of current government measures (restaurants, pubs, bars, fitness centres, swimming pools etc.). What was changed?
The extension of the Antivirus Programme Regime A
- Antivirus Programme Regime A is extended until 31 December 2020.
Increase of support
- Until now the amount of contribution to involuntary closed companies was 80% of the compensatory wage inklusive of levies, the maximum monthly contribution per employee shall be CZK 39 000.
- Newly, from 1 October 2020 (retrospectively) the contribution to involuntary closed companies is 100 % of the compensatory wage inclusive of levies, the maximum monthly contribution per employee shall be CZK 50 000.
- The contribution from Programme Antivirus Regime A is same, the amount of contribution is 80% of the compensatory wage inclusive of levies, the maximum monthly contribution per employee shall be CZK 39 000 per employee in quarantine.
What about Antivirus Programme Regimes B and C?
- The Regime B, which applies to cases when obstacles to work on the part of the employer exist as a result of the related economic difficulties brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak and the regime C, which is for smaller employers, who had exempt to pay social insurance from June to August 2020, these regimes haven't changed. The Regime B is effective until the end of October and the Regime C can't be demanded anymore.
In case that actual government measures are affecting your business, we will be pleased to discuss with you.
Author: Veronika Odrobinová