On 16 October 2020, the government of the Czech Republic adopted resolution no. 1049 and no. 1050, adopting new emergency measures that have an impact on the area of labour relations.
What changes have the respective resolutions brought?
Resolution no. 1049 with effect as of 19 October 2020 introduces:
- Replacement of a pre-employment medical fitness assessment of a person applying for employment to commence from 16 October until the termination of the state of emergency for a type of work included in the first or second risk category with a statutory declaration valid for a maximum of 90 days from the day following the day, on which state of emergency ended.
- Replacement of the medical certificate of a person commencing work from 16 October to the termination of the state of emergency, who performs epidemiologically important activities with a statutory declaration valid for a maximum of 90 days from the day following the day, on which state of emergency ended.
- An exemption for the performance of periodical medical checks of employees.
- The obligation to consider medical fitness assessment issued based on pre-employment medical check, periodical medical check and in specified cases even extraordinary medical checks, the validity of which ends during the state of emergency, still valid.
- The obligation of providers of labour-related medical services or registering providers to perform a pre-employment or periodical medical check of the assessed person upon request from the employer and issue a medical assessment of fitness for work within the deadline set by the stipulation for validity of statutory declarations and medical fitness assessments that have expired.
Resolution no. 1050 introduces:
- Announcement of change of employers by a foreigner (Employee Card or Blue Card holder), who is commencing work for an employer, who performs emergency measures or helps perform emergency measures during the state of emergency, on the day of commencing work for this employer at the latest. If a declaration of this employer is presented along with the announcement, the conditions for performing new employment will be considered fulfilled and a notice of their fulfilment will not be issued.
- The option of foreigners (Employee Card holders) to change employers without the need to fulfil the statutory condition of 6 months of previous employment on the territory of the Czech Republic.
In case any of the above-mentioned government measures affect you in any way, please, do not hesitate to contact us for more detailed information. We will be happy to discuss your options with you.